What’s important about this plan?
A multi-trip annual plan could also be called a “many trips within a year” plan, since it allows you to make as many trips of 8, 15 or 30 days and less as you want in a given year (depending on the option that you will choose).
- This plan is offered to persons of 3 months to 85 years old, and provides coverage up to $5,000,000 in the event of a medical emergency happening while on a trip outside of your province or territory of residence.
- As a bonus, annual plans provide unlimited trip length if you travel in Canada! (This means that the 8, 15 or 30-day limit does not apply if you remain on this side of the border.)
- Coverage begins on the effective date (which usually coincides with the departure date of your first trip) and ends 365 days later. You can make as many trips as you want between those two dates, as long as each trip does not exceed 8, 15 or 30 days (depending on the option that you will choose).
- If a trip is longer, we can complement your coverage with a Per Trip plan (a “top up” as we say in the industry), so that your entire trip is covered.
Does this plan meet your needs?
- Frequent traveller (you travel more than once a year)
- Travelling alone, with another person, or as a family
- 8 and 15-day plans offered to applicants 85 years old or younger
- 30-day plan offered to applicants 80 years old or younger
Does this plan meet your needs?
Frequent traveller (you travel more than once a year)
“Tour+Med emergency medical insurance was the best choice we’ve made. We are extremely happy with your customer service.” G.W. et L.W. / Wasaga Beach, ON, June 2020
What else do you need to know?
Save time and money!
When covered by a multi-trip annual plan, you don’t have to call us before every departure (unless your trip length exceeds the selected option). You pay a single premium at the time of purchase, and it is usually less expensive than buying two distinct Per Trip plans. Coverage is valid for 1 year, which gives you peace of mind. And finally, if you are required to answer a medical questionnaire at the time of purchase, your declaration could be used for subsequent trips you will make in the next 12 months (conditions apply).
Coverage up to $5,000,000
All of our medical protections provide coverage up to $5,000,000 in the event of a medical emergency while on your trip. This is more than enough to cover the medical costs of most emergencies. Benefits include hospitalization, diagnostic fees, repatriation if deemed necessary by the emergency assistance team, etc.
Eligibility and medical questionnaire
Eligibility conditions apply, and vary according to your age and the selected plan. Applicants of 60 years old and more must answer a medical questionnaire to purchase a multi-trip annual plan.
Buying additional days if your trip is longer (“top up”)
If you know that a trip will be longer than the number of days provided by your plan (8, 15 or 30 days), get a quote for a complementary insurance (aka “a top up”). Sold as a Per Trip plan, it will complement your annual plan so that your entire trip is covered.
FAQs from travellers just like you
Why talk about 8, 15 or 30 days if it’s called an “annual” plan? Can I travel up to 365 consecutive days?
We know it’s not an obvious concept when you hear about annual plans for the first time. That’s why we also use the name “multi-trip plan”.
Basically, the plan is valid for one year from its effective date (the date on which the protection begins, which usually corresponds to your first departure date) and covers you for as many trips as you want during the following year. The length of each trip, however, must not exceed 8, 15, or 30 days, depending on the option that you will have selected.
What if my trip is longer than the selected plan?
If a trip is longer than the selection option (8, 15 or 30 days), you will need a “Per Trip” plan to cover the additional days. Speak with your broker or one of our representatives for a quote.
My broker told me about a “combo”. What is it exactly?
No, we are not referring to a pizza-ghetti combo! But just like when you order food, a combo means you are getting more variety for your money. Do we have your attention?
If you usually travel for 3 weeks in a row, you could be interested by our Multi-Trip Annual plan of 30 days. But if one of your trips is scheduled to last 40 days, a 30-day plan will be too short and won’t suit your needs. To make it simple, we will probably offer you a “30-day combo”. This means that in one transaction and on the same policy (we are the only insurer to do this, by the way!), you will get 2 protections: your 30-day Multi-Trip Annual plan, and your top-up of 10 days. Your entire trip of 40 days will therefore be covered, as well as all other trips of 30 days and less that you will make during the upcoming year. Isn’t it interesting?